LPN Medication Privileges - Dermatology General Clinic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 7/19/2017
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTION* Maintain a safe, clean work environment. Assure compliance with OSHA regulations. Report deficiencies to supervisor immediately.
* Provide pre-attending care for patients. Elicit the chief complaint, history and patient needs, the document same in medical record. Ensure that all documentation is clear and complete.
* Perform the following duties and procedures within the scope of LPN practice: vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection, wound care and urinary catheterization.
* Provide patient education and instruction as direct by a physician or RN
* Under the direction of a physician or RN, assist with patient communication by performing or coordinating such functions as: appointment scheduling, follow-up care, reporting test results and referrals. At the instruction of a physician, provide assistance by contacting pharmacies to order prescriptions.
* Assist physicians and RNs in other patient care support activities related to referrals, lab work, diagnostic testing and patient education.
* Administer non-intravenous medication, either oral or injectables (sub-cutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal) Monitor IV infusions, but do not start IVs or administer IV push medication. May administer medicated baths, respiratory treatments dermatological treatments or phototherapy as delineated within the scope of the LPN practice.
* Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing required.
* Registered Professional Nurse Licensure by the State of Illinois required.
* Successful completion of an approved pharmacology course required.
* Certification in Basic CPR required.
* One to two years experience in ambulatory care preferred.