LPN - Memory Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Lutheran Senior Services
Webster Groves, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you know what it means to serve with heart? LSS is seeking a compassionate and devoted Licensed Practical Nurse to create a warm, welcoming environment for our residents. nnWhat Sets Us Apart n* An emphasis on person-centered care n* Great opportunities for advancementn* A fantastic benefits package that includes tuition reimbursementnnWhat You Will Do nIn addition to the job duties defined by the scope of practice for an LPN, the Neighborhood Nurse works collaboratively with the household team providing each resident with routine daily nursing care in accordance with their assessment, choices and plan of care. You will work closely with the Nurse Coordinator to ensure regulatory compliance and nurtures a person centered culture which encourages the household to grow as a separate and effective home, promote individual and team learning and provide teaching and role modeling of professional nursing practices to household staff for quality clinical care. nn* Assess and manage the functions of the nursing staff in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines to govern the facility n* Review resident care plans for the appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing care needsn* Ensure the health, comfort and safety of our residents nnWho You Need To Be n* Active LPN license in state of practice n* A person with passion for our mission in Helping Older Adults Live Life to the Fullestn* A desire to participate in resident-centered care
In addition to the job duties defined by the scope of practice for a LPN,
the Neighborhood Nurse works collaboratively with the household team or neighborhood providing each resident with routine daily nursing care in accordance with their assessment, choices and plan of care. The Neighborhood Nurse works closely with the Nurse Leader to ensure regulatory compliance and nurtures a person centered culture which encourages the household to grow as a separate and effective home. The Neighborhood Nurse promotes individual and team learning and provides teaching and role modeling of professional nursing practices to household and staff for quality clinical care. A Neighborhood Nurse, serving in a household, upholds the philosophy, vision, and core values of the organization and ensures the Christian Mission of Lutheran Senior Services is realized so that Older Adults Live Life to the Fullest .
SCOPE OF PRACTICE:
LPN Practice within the scope of licensure and in accordance with the state Nurse Practice Act and state and federal licensure rules and regulations for the level of care in which they practice. Practice in accordance with LSS clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
The scope of clinical oversight may be for one or more households or neighborhoods depending on the level of care and the size of the household or neighborhood.
1. Household --
* Creates community through elimination of institutional barriers, enhancing relationships in the household/neighborhood through shared activities of living.
* Participates in the household team by providing clinical expertise.
* Supports the household team with other household responsibilities including: resident ADL care needs, food preparation mealtime assistance/participation, activities and housekeeping.
* Continually seeks opportunities to support the social needs of all members of the household through support, friendship and kindness.
* Engages residents in conversation while partaking in household meals during work time to provide enjoyment for the residents and build meaningful relationships.
2. Clinical Functions
* Maintain a culture of Person Centered Care
* Demonstrates an attitude of genuine care and concern for each resident with a desire to honor their individual preferences and individuality. Demonstrates strong commitment to quality.
* Ensures that the clinical operations in the household are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations while honoring person-centered care.
* Passes medication and oversees the medication administration process.
* Promotes the highest level of care in terms of management of care plan practicing according to current standard of practice utilizing appropriate resources that include EMR.
* Has a working knowledge and understanding of the observation/assessment and documentation process including the MDS as applicable.
* Observes resident status as necessary to assure quality care and coordinates with other resident services to assure continuity of care.
* Provides clinical leadership and individual and team learning for household staff in accordance with the current standards and community policies and procedures. Models professional nursing practices.
* Implements clinical policies and procedures which ensure safe, sanitary and efficient practices supporting professional standards of nursing care.
* Maintains a safe, comfortable and functional environment by assessing the household for potential hazards and implements practices to maintain optimum safety.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
A desire to perform a clinical role on a Person-Centered Care household team with an understanding of the responsibilities and the expectations for the role.
LPN licensure in state of practice.
Specialized training or experience in gerontological nursing preferred.
Lutheran Senior Services (LSS) requires drivers of licensed company vehicles and those using their own vehicles for business purposes have the appropriate driver s license, insurance coverage, and meet the auto liability carrier s driver s criteria.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical activities and demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must be able to lift 50 lbs and push/pull 200lbs on wheels.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A well lighted and ventilated working area that has its own temperature control system (air conditioning and heat).
Is subject to emotionally upset residents, or family members.
Is willing to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
Is subject to exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B virus.
Appropriate ergonomic and personal safety equipment is provided as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal, state