LPN - Part Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLPN - Part Time
Job Id: 44617
At Concentra\'s Community-Based Outpatient Clinic, you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
JOB SUMMARY: Assists practitioners with patient care, physical examinations, ancillary tests, and performs a variety of clerical duties in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Escorts patients to exam room, prepares patients for examination and treatment and assists the practitioner, as requested.
* Draws blood and prepares appropriate paperwork for laboratory pick-up.
* Performs urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
* Maintains exam rooms, lab area and treatment rooms clean and stocked, maintaining inventory of supplies and re-orders as needed.
* Assists in medical record maintenance.
* Performs front office clerical duties such as answering telephones, check-in, check-out and record processing.
* Dispenses medications as directed by practitioner and in accordance with state regulations.
* Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
* Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director ( PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Fast paced environment Clinic Environment
* Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical nursing program.
* Current registration/license in the state where employed.
* Minimum one year experience in primary care and/or chronic disease management nursing.
* Demonstrated knowledge of primary care medicine requirements (state specific). Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations.
* Demonstrated ability to train medical assistants under the direction of the Center Medical Director.
* Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education.
* 401(k) with Employer Match
If you re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran