LPN - Primary Care (1.0 FTE Riverfront Medical Center - Spokane) 8/18/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY If you are an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse and looking for something different in your nursing career? Want a challenge - to professionally grow and learn? Be part of an innovative practice team where job satisfaction and variety are the norm not the exception.
* Provides direct and indirect nursing care to patients in routine nursing situations, under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or provider.
* Is an integral member of the healthcare team, collaborates with the RN and provider to implement and monitor a patient centered plan of care plan
* Functions under the direct supervision of the RN or provider in complex situations in which the patient is unstable or requires urgent or emergent care.
* Call Management and Virtual Medicine follow GH guidelines for call and in basket message handling per scope of practice, follow work flow standards, document call in electronic medical record
* Telephone Management and Follow-up Answer inbound calls promptly and courteously, recognize urgent/emergency situations and refer to appropriate staff, refer appropriate calls to complex case managers, encourage patient to use on-line GH resources when appropriate, conduct follow-up calls, provide preventive care instruction when directed/appropriate, triage messages and forward as appropriate
* Is able to adapt clinical practice to patients with special needs (age specific needs, disabilities, interpretive services)
* Clinic flow/office management complete assigned work in EPIC in-baskets, collaborate with provider to anticipate daily needs, efficiently coordinate flow and maintain pace
* Perform patient rooming as needed per PC standard Rooming Guidelines
* Screening of walk-in patients
* Take & record routine VS, postural VS, apical pulse, perform EKG (depends on care setting),
* Recognize & respond to urgent/emergency situations as BLS team member. Participates in clinical emergencies under direction of the registered nurse or provider
* Patient Care Use safety and universal precautions Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Renal & Genitourinary, Neurological, Gastrointestinal, Musculoskeletal, Integumentary, Ophthalmology/Otolaryngology, Pediatrics in Primary Care, positioning techniques, specimen collection
* Prevention/Chronic Care complete outreach assignments, follow-up on patient after UC/ED visit
* Acute Care Assist with procedures as directed, perform selected nursing procedures, administer medications, administer and monitor IV therapy.
For more information detailing the innovative work and amazing achievements our nursing teams accomplish through their dedicated focus in providing the highest levels of quality patient care, please visit https://www1.ghc.org/html/public/nursing. Experience requirements:
Preferred: Recent ambulatory care or family practice experience.
Preferred: Patient Centered Integrated Care Model and knowledge of electronic patient charting systems.
Minimum: Degree from an accredited LPN program.
Minimum: Current Washington State LPN license. Current Basic Life Support certification.
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: NUR5E