LPN - Specialty Clinic Float - Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY What does it mean to work at Group Health?
At Group Health, our mission is to enrich peoples lives by improving health. As a Group Health employee, your role is to deliver on that mission every day by living our valuesCustomer Focus, Accountability, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity. You take initiative, set goals, and solve problems while collaborating with friends and colleagues. Together we make a meaningful impact on our community.
In return, Group Health is committed to providing you competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference each day as we strive to reach our vision to be the preferred health care partner by excelling in quality, service, and affordability.
For more information detailing the innovative work and amazing achievements our nursing teams accomplish through their dedicated focus in providing the highest levels of quality patient care, please visit Https://www1.ghc.org/html/public/nursing.
The LPN in our specialty Clinic Float pool provides support to physicians and other members of the healthcare team in a variety of specialties. The LPN works with the team to ensure patient centered care and provide our patients with a superior customer experience. Responsibilities Include :
Facilitate efficient patient flow for practice team; Have a working knowledge of primary care team-work; Assist with procedures in minor procedure area. Set-up sterile field, clean equipment. Perform telephone assessments, screening, and follow-up calls to patients; make appropriate disposition based on information gathered. Obtain and transmit information; Check scheduled patients on a computerized network; Facilitate specialty referrals and visits. Recognize urgent/emergent situations; Provide routine patient teaching and more complex telephone follow-up; Give limited information/results to patients. Administer Nursing procedures within scope, medication administration including immunizations. Collect accurate patient chart prep and histories; vital signs, basic assessment skills. Participate actively in the team process and practice management of assigned panel of patients. Coordinate patient care utilizing GHC and community resources. Work with RN support, assist in case and populations management, use registries, pathways, and other clinical tools.
Minimum: One year recent clinical LPN experience.
* Ability to exercise professional judgment
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrates an exceptional level of easily understood verbal communication on the phone
* Ability to collaborate with care team members
* Demonstrates care, courtesy and concern in all consumer and colleague interactions
* Provides culturally sensitive care including consideration for diverse cultures, ethnicity, language, community, background and healthcare beliefs
* Ability to educate and instruct patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care
* Intermediate computer and keyboarding skills
* Knowledge and skill in symptom analysis and management of patients with the specialty medical conditions or surgery
* Knowledge of electronic patient charting systems.
Minimum: High school diploma, graduate of accredited LPN program. Preferred: Associate's Degree
Minimum: Current Washington State LPN license, current CPR certificate.
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Schedule: Per Diem
J2W code: NUR5E