LPN - Urology Clinic - (1.0 FTE Tacoma)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are actively seeking LPNs with at least 1 year of experience in an ambulatory care clinic or acute care (hospital) setting. We provide an environment that supports your best work and is patient centered.
* The clinic role of the LPN is to anticipate, prepare for and manage patients scheduled for a visit with the specialty provider; triage and manage phone calls and secure messages; perform routine procedures; and provide patient instruction.
* The LPN utilizes, within the LPN scope of practice, telephone interviewing, physical assessment and critical thinking in assessing patient symptoms or lifestyle changes in conjunction with defined guidelines and protocols.
* Provides appropriate instruction to patient/consumer about routine health maintenance, normal/abnormal lab results, special procedures and follow-up care as directed. Prepares and administers approved medications at the direction of the RN and upon order from MD, ARNP, or
* PA. Performs treatments and assists with procedures as directed.
Some specific responsibilities of the LPN in the Urology clinic include:
* Provide patient information about pre and post procedure preparation and discharge instructions.
* Prepare patients and assist physicians for Cystoscopies and Urodynamic studies, vasectomies and prostate biopsies.
* Ability to provide a high level of call management, i.e. triage patient phone calls and respond to patient questions within scope of practice.
* Team will be expected to cross train to other surgical specialties.
For more information detailing the innovative work and amazing achievements our nursing teams accomplish through their dedicated focus in providing the highest levels of quality patient care, please visit https://www1.ghc.org/html/public/nursing. Experience Requirements
Minimum: None required
Preferred: 1 year ambulatory or acute care (hospital)experience
Minimum: Degree from an accredited LPN program.
Minimum: Current Washington State LPN license. Current Basic Life Support certification.
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: NUR5E