LTE Network Interoperablity Engineer- Public Safety
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
The Solutions Network Recovery Engineer will provide expertise to maintain an implemented PS-LTE network solution. The role will be to interpret the design, plan, deployment, optimization, and support effective PS-LTE solutions for complex public safety systems.
The candidate for this position will take a leadership role on new network on-boarding projects and proposal responses to solutions with respect to the network design and implementation of the system. The candidate will be responsible for validation of the proposed design of the end-to-end network solution PS-LTE core network solutions including all routers, switches, and supporting components. The candidate will also be responsible for defining support demarcation points for the integrated PS-LTE network with the customer's existing voice and data networks.
The candidate for this position will take a leadership role on projects with respect to the support ability of the design and implementation of the system. A major focus will be requirements gathering, understanding of the system capacity and throughput, network design, IP design, and application integration including virtualization of network functions. The candidate will work closely with customers, internal product and research groups, and wireless application vendors to validate the implementation plan and establish baselines to illustrate traffic loading and general design of the PS-LTE network.
PS-LTE networks will include both Motorola and third party products. The candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate an excellent ability to ascertain requirements and communicate those requirements to the MSI integration project team and or customer integration team. The candidate will be required to interface with Customer Representatives, Project Managers, Sales Executives, Engineering Managers, and Motorola product groups to effectively validate design and deployment activities. The candidate for this position will also be responsible for leading and mentoring team members as required.
* Experience supporting complex end-to-end system solutions.
* Capacity to design and implement complex end-to-end solutions.
* Excellent interpersonal communications and technical writing skills.
* Detailed understanding of 3G and 4G networking standards.
* A working knowledge of routing and switching protocols and network security standards.
* A working knowledge of client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security solutions, and software integration and network function virtualization.
* Knowledge of wireless and wire-line communication protocols, client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security solutions, and software integration project management.
* Understanding of systems integration processes, requirements gathering, and software application deployment.
* Demonstrated experience with RFx and proposal response support for technical solutions
* Subject Matter Expert and respected technical strategist in areas of expertise
* Strong knowledge of systems integration, IP, RF, O&M, applications, and secure communications systems
* Prioritizing and aligning work with engagement/project plans, schedules, changing work demands, and all relevant organizational policies and practices
* Demonstrated customer engagement and project management experience
* Ability to work independently and maintain accountability to management
* Proficient in customer presentation skills.
* Working knowledge of public safety domain is a plus.
* Ability to lead a team and work within a team.
* Master of Science Degree in engineering, preferably electrical, computer, or systems with emphasis in networking and applications is strongly desired.
5 - 10
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering Computer Science Computer Engineering Software Engineering or other relevant STEM discipline plus 6 years of experience working in IT network positions OR a minimum of 12 years of experience working IT network positions in the Telecommunications Industry.