LVN - 15th St. Clinic, Santa Monica 9/17/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
LVN - 15th St. Clinic, Santa Monica
Voc Nurse Sr
Santa Monica, CA
$27.35 / $4759
$36.08 / $6278
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Participate in total patient care in the ambulatory setting, recognizing normal and abnormal signs and symptoms and life threatening emergencies. Act as a staff person in the office, assisting in patient care, and maintain high standards of care in the community offices. Under the direct supervision of the clinic manager, the CPN LVN shall take the role of back office lead. Provides direct patient care for diverse patient population within named CPN/Medicine practice. Works with clinic management, administration, faculty physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, and other clinical staff to include LVN's and MA's and ancillary personnel. Will independently coordinate and prioritize tasks and protocols established by the department and/or CPN Administration.
1. Knowledge of normal and abnormal symptomology and life threatening medical problems.
2. Ability to administer CPR.
3. Ability to skillfully administer oral, IM and subcutaneous medications.
4. Ability to perform venipuncture with skill, adhering to all OSHA PPE safety requirements.
5. Ability to obtain accurate vital signs and drug refills.
6. Ability to assist in medical emergencies and office procedures.
7. Ability to use computerized patient care systems.
8. Knowledge of medical terminology.
9. Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, ancillary departments, physicians and co-workers in a courteous and compassionate manner.
10. Verbal skills to effectively convey sensitive information in a courteous manner in person or on the telephone.
11. Skill to accurately perform a 12-lead EKG.
12. Ability to assist in orientation of new staff.
13. Ability to order medical and clinical supplies and maintain adequate inventory.
14. Ability to follow proper channels of policies & procedures, communication & work standards.
15. Ability to organize tasks to facilitate smooth work/patient flow.
16. Ability to schedule patient appointments and encounter patients using the MCCS Appointment Scheduling/Encounter Registration Programs.
17. Knowledge to schedule patient for referrals to specialists.
18. Ability to be flexible in working both back and front office to facilitate smooth workflow.
19. Knowledge and ability to set up and assist physician with any procedures such as, but not limited to audiometry, spirometry, O2 saturation levels, skin tag and mole removals, ear lavage, colposcopies, flexible sigmoidscopies.
20. Ability to perform accurate quality control and patient sample testing for waived tests.
21. Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling Biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments.
22. Knowledge of MSDS and emergency treatments.
23. Minimum of one-year experience as licensed vocational nurse in a physician office, medical facility or in an Internal Medicine/Family Practice.
24. Current California LVN License and CPR certification is required.