Lab Aide, 40 Hrs, FT, Elmwood Park, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.
Elmwood Park, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the directive of the Laboratory Supervisor, Laboratory Aides provide support for the
clinical laboratory to ensure that testing may be performed in a timely manner and that the
laboratory environment remains clean and safe.
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
1. Map samples promptly after testing is completed.
2. Store samples, capped or tightly covered with parafilm, in designated storage areas, with
utmost consideration to maintaining specimen integrity, safety, easy retrieval, and
3. Locates, retrieves, and transports specimens as needed.
4. Generates, distributes, monitors worksheets and pending reports.
5. Familiar with sample requirements, test request, and medical terminology.
6. Provide assistance to Lab Techs in any area when necessary.
7. Removes and/or discards expired samples from storage area as required.
8. Maintain a safe and clean work space at all times.
9. Maintain a well-organized work area with adequate supplies.
10. Maintains documentation of assigned functions as required.
11. Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment Compliance Procedure.
12. Complies with both corporate and department policies and procedures.
13. Escalate any/all issues or questions through appropriate channels.
14. Escalate any/all issues or questions to a Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
15. Attends department trainings and meetings and interacts in two way communication to assist
in process improvement.
**Lab Aide Schedule is Monday-Thursday 9am-5:30pm and Saturday 9am-5:30pm
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer very competitive benefits including:
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred. Additional education is a plus.
2. Basic computer skills. Lab work experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
4. Good written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to work in a team environment.
6. Problem solving skills.
7. Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting is preferred.
1. Work requires contact with water (hand washing and cleaning), biohazardous body fluids,
and hazardous chemicals.
2. Work is varied in nature with sufficient noise and interruptions to cause distraction and
3. Work requires sitting, standing, and/or walking for periods of up to four hours.
4. Work requires close attention to detail and accuracy.
1. Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
2. Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects.