This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company
The experienced professional will be employed by Advanced Ceramic Coatings, LLC. ACC is a recent joint venture between GE Aviation and Turbocoating Corp., one of the main companies of Unitedcoatings Group.
Unitedcoatings Group is a world leader in the Thermal Spray industry and is active, through its different operating business units, in both European and American continents, with four main Divisions: Aerospace, Industrial Gas Turbine & Aviation, Biomedical, and Equipment.
ACC is currently settled in Hickory (North Carolina) and is a leader in the ready-to-engine airfoil applications market, namely thermal spray coatings for Aviation components. The company expects a very fast growth path that will lead to more than double the organization and the business in a short period of time. It is planned for the company to start the relocation of the current facility within the next 12-18 months in the Carolinas (future site under review).
The objective of this position is to support the Production, Quality and Engineering departments in the analysis and reporting of metallurgical results for production and development parts.
* Safely and effectively operate laboratory equipment for cutting, mounting, embedding and polishing for preparing the metallographic samples
* Test LPCS, APS, HVOF, PACK, CVD, stripping, brazing, welding, laser drilling and shaping technologies, as directed
* Interpret part cut-up drawings per internal and customer specifications
* Operate optical microscopy for analysis of materials
* Conduct testing on new consumable materials and incoming product.
* Prepare, analyze, and discuss lab results and reports
* Ability to multitask while performing prep-work and analysis efficiently
* Manage the internal Laboratory warehouse. Manage and order laboratory supplies per the appropriate inventory levels.
* Work with Engineers, other Managers, and customer on development projects
* Maintain a clean and organized work environment
* Working within the Company's Quality and Safety System context, in accordance with its procedures and requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The individual will be required to adhere to safety policies and procedures on the manufacturing floor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs and occasionally lift and or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, requiring 8 hours of work per day Monday thru Friday, some overtime as business needs change. Willing to work flexible shifts, overtime, and weekends, if necessary.
Limited to No Travel
Required Education and Experience
* 4 year College degree in Chemistry, Engineering or relevant study or 2 year college degree plus 2 years of relevant work experience
* Basic Laboratory skills
* Must be able to achieve and maintain Customer CCL certification
* Ability to create, read, analy