This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONLAB MANAGER
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands.
Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
Oversee the daily coordination and functioning of the Datalink lab environments. Maintains the working order of lab equipment and supplies, which may include troubleshooting both hardware and software and making appropriate recommendations regarding repair. Assists Datalink technical resources in utilizing the lab environment.
* Monitors and maintains all lab equipment
* Coordinates with Datalink IT to monitor and maintain the physical environment, power, cooling, etc
* Maintain records of services and lab usage for assessment and planning
* Develops policies and procedures to ensure efficient lab operations and quality service
* Makes recommendations regarding technical and physical changes to the lab
* Coordinates work schedules among various requests for lab resources
* Promote the services available in the lab
* Assists lab users regarding the use of supported software applications and hardware
* Coordinate and/or perform hardware/software installations, diagnostics, and repairs
* Assists Datalink operations staff on loaning equipment and supplies to the field as appropriate
* Writes technical documentation for software and hardware use
* Maintains Datalink labs presence on relevant internal information sharing platforms
* All other duties as assigned / Adhere to Company Core Values
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience or 4 years related experience in lieu of degree
* Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
* Solaris / HP-UX / AIX
* Significant knowledge of networking technologies
* Analytical abilities resulting in problem resolution
* In-depth knowledge of complex technical environments
* Good organizational skills
* Attention to detail
* Project coordination skills and/or experience
* At least 1 or more years of experience in technical administration role
* At least 1 or more years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Primary storage
* Data protection software
Location: Minnesota (Eden Prairie)
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.