Lab Medical Technologist HBED FT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 08967-3482
Mixed (rotating weekends)
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
* Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
* Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
* Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
* Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
* Nevada State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
* BLOOD BANK experience is required.
* Bachelors' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training.
* Minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/01/2016