Lab Supervisor, CORE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLaboratory Supervisor, CORE DNA Sequencing
An entry-level position, reporting to the Laboratory Manager. An energetic member of a 4-person team that works together to coordinate the efforts of a group of 15-20 technicians; each supervisor directly overseeing 3-6 techs depending on their level of experience.
* Develops, and maintains CORE Lab Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Assigns and oversees the workloads of Lab Techs
* Coordinates the training of Lab Techs, fellows and interns
* Manages lab purchasing and inventory
* Provides general maintenance of CORE Lab
* Ensures compliance to QA/QC standards
* Extensive knowledge of PCR amplification and product imaging
* Knowlede of ABI sequencing and/or adequate robot experience
* Ability to prioritize responsibilities, and provide effective solutions
* (2 years) experience in a similar laboratory
* B.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science
* Supervisory experience in laboratory preferred
* Requires at least one Saturday or Sunday from 7:00am 3:30pm
* Up to four-week day shifts from 10:30am 7:00pm
GeneDx is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer