Lab Supervisor - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Carl Zeiss Vision Inc.
Saint Cloud, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONTo strengthen our Team in the , we are seeking a/an
LAB SUPERVISOR - 2ND SHIFT
* Perform or demonstrate knowledge of most job descriptions in most areas of the lab
* Communicate and uphold policies, goals and objectives with employees
* Guide and monitor work flow and productivity
* Analyze breakage and trouble shoot to maintain lab efficiency
* Implement and drive safety requirements for a safe working environment
* Drive all company initiatives and HR policies
* Write and give individual performance evaluations
* Maintain product quality and drive required standards
* Maintain equipment and inventory supplies
* Communicate with Lab Manager and other members within the company
* Test new product with documentation
* Offer assistance to accounts and other facilities of RX fabrication
* Schedule staff to meet OTD demands
* Motivate and coach staff
* Attend and/or provide management and lab meetings
* Perform other duties as needed
* Deliver and monitor staff training and cross training
* Assist with driving the quality program
* Maintain records, reports and files as directed by the Lab and Production Manager
* 3+ years of related experience in which 3+ should be in the optical industry
* Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with issues logically and within the company guidelines
* Possess mechanical and technical aptitudes
* Strong problem solving abilities
* Available for night, weekend, and odd hours
* Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
* Be able perform repetitive movements with upper and lower extremities
* Ability to sustain lengthy periods of visual concentration and good hand/eye/foot coordination.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment.
* Attention to detail and symmetry
* Have solid dexterity and visual acuity (natural or corrected) to 20/20
* Dependable and be able to follow directions either written or verbal
* Ability to communicate with other associates in a clear, concise manner
* Professional demeanor
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for over 165 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
Carl Zeiss Vision, Inc.