Lab Support Assistant - PRN - Central Processing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Responding to telephone requests for laboratory results, result status, and test requests, performs specimen processing (receipt, priority triage, dispatch, reference laboratory referral, specimen archiving and retrieval), and accesses laboratory computer systems functions as relates to specimen processing and inquiries
* Supporting data processing such as document filing, scanning, faxing
* Support office activities such as filing, mail sorting and delivery, supply receipt and storage, light typing and other miscellaneous clerical activities
* Possible travel between Einstein entities to perform job related tasks
* Performing phlebotomy on any population of patients
* Patient contact may be required
* Providing service to the following (all age) populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Phlebotomy experience required
* Familiarity with medical terminology and prior clinical experience in a medical setting required
* Some computer data entry experience required
* Physical Requirements: Frequent standing, sitting, and walking; occasional bending, stooping, kneeling,etc. Light to moderate lifting of supplies up to 25 pounds. Occasional exposure to extreme heat and moderate noise. Potential exposure to infectious substances and needle punctures.
* Visual Requirements: Near vision, color vision, and constant video display terminal usuage.
* Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversation and telephone communication.
* Must be capable of reading, speaking, and understanding the English language.
* Work Conditions: Receiving area of laboratory; possible exposure to infectious disease.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.