Lab Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
VWR International, Inc
Spring House, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Laboratory Technician prepares and weighs samples for testing and analysis. May setup and conduct tests, assays, and other protocols under the direction of a laboratory services manager, researcher, or scientist. Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs). Ensure all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean, sterile, and in proper working order. May be responsible for calibration of instruments and also involved in media prep.
* Completes routine laboratory procedures ensuring accuracy and validity of results and assist with general laboratory procedures such as but not limited to preparation of solvents, buffers, resins, reagent solutions, media prep, etc.
* Prepares samples for analysis including blanks and standards. Makes computer data entries as needed including sample log and preparation of sample submission tables. Obtains and reports timely and accurate test results according to laboratory policies and procedures.
* Purification laboratory management including simple routine maintenance of lab instruments and troubleshooting. Handles small scale purification post-processing including filling racks, combining fractions, dry down, weighing, checking fractions, and obtaining final LCMS. Requires operation of balance, speed vac, sonicator, Open Access LCMS.
* Stores chemicals properly, disposes of chemical waste, adheres to safety procedures, and participates in safety programs. Tracks and documents chemical usage and inventory, and orders chemicals for biotech/pharmaceutical related processes as needed.
* Maintains, processes, and orders laboratory supplies, Maintains files and track orders, Processes shipping requests.
* Glass wash operations duties and restocking & ordering of glassware, chemical repacking, cylinder delivery and pickup, managing dry ice and liquid nitrogen dispensing, and waste disposal.
* May perform or assist in the mixing of chemicals for biotech/pharmaceutical related production and processes.
* Work in clean room conditions and wipe down work station to prevent contamination and maintain the integrity of production. Operate laboratory equipment and instruments. Ensure laboratory equipment and work areas are clean and sterilized.
Experience & Skills:
* Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
* Requires knowledge in using various instruments to prepare for and perform tests.
* Strong communication skills
* Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
* Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
* Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
* Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
* Valid Driver s License
* Must be able to lift up to 25lbs minimum
* Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
* Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
* Knowledge of VWR s products and services
* Problem-solving skills
* High school diploma or GED required; associate s degree or Bachelor's degree with a science major preferred
* 1-2 years experience in a laboratory setting and understanding of laboratory equipment
* Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
* Valid Driver s License and transportation
* Previous experience working in a GLP environment
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Typically works in an laboratory or production environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
* The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
* Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit