Lab Technician - Cotton Valley, LA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Calumet Specialty Products
Cotton Valley, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE AND ROLE:
TheLab Technician is responsible for the testing of jet fuels, diesel fuels,specialty solvents and process stream samples following ASTM procedures andcompany guidelines.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Testing will follow ASTM guidelines along with other written or verbal instructions.
* Work includes but is not limited to sample preparation, distillations, API gravity, flash point, freeze point, vapor pressure, total sulfur analysis, gas chromotagraphy, viscosity, copper corrosion, reporting and inputting of data, collection container cleaning and preparation, lab cleanliness, receiving of samples and supplies.
* Setting up and maintaining and operating lab equipment.
* Handle and dispose of all samples safely and within plant guidelines.
* Must follow all safety practices established by the lab and refinery.
* Must be able to follow and put into practice guidance from senior technicians.
* Compare results against established specifications, refer to tables and formulas to calculate resultant properties.
* Notify appropriate personnel when results are not in specification.
* Record all data accurately and timely in lab format either in paper form or in standardized computer protocol.
* Assist in maintaining inventory.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Work rotating shifts following to provide continous 24 hour lab operation.
* Related experiencein a petroleum laboratory environment is preferred, however, other wet chemistrylaboratory experience will suffice.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Twoyears related hydrocarbon experience or more depending on education levelpreferred.
Excellentcomputer skills desired.
Experiencefollowing ASTM methods required. Abilityto work in either a group environment or singly