Lab Technician (Optical Pre-surface)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
Carl Zeiss Vision Inc.
Saint Cloud, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY To strengthen our Team in the , we are seeking a/an
LAB TECHNICIAN (OPTICAL PRE-SURFACE)
* Tracing of frames using calibrated equipment, including calibration of equipment according to procedures
* Frame to Come - receive frame from customer, scan to job & bin
* Basic Optics/Lab Layout (order of operations)
* Lens Picking - pick (stock) lens and assign to job
* Tray Up /applicable tagging
* Perform routine production duties associated with various aspects of lens production paying close attention to quality, quantity and efficiency
* Qualify and inspect product to ensure compliance with CZV specifications and standards
* Comply with all safety regulations as well as maintain a clean and safe work environment
* Maintain appropriate written and/or computer documentation
* Additional tasks as needed
* Participate in meetings to enhance departmental communication and efficiency
* May be assigned to different workstations or product lines as production needs require
* May train peers
* HS Diploma or equivalent
* 0-2 years related experience
* Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
* Able to perform repetitive movements with upper and lower extremities
* Ability to sustain lengthy periods of visual concentration and good hand/eye/foot coordination
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
* Ability to focus for long periods of time
* Have an eye for attention to detail and symmetry
* Have solid dexterity and mechanical skills
* Have patience to fully see the task through is a must
* Be honest, dependable and be able to follow directions either written or verbal
* Ability to communicate with other associates in a clear, concise manner
* Professional demeanor
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for over 165 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
Carl Zeiss Vision, Inc.