Lab Technician, Oral Care/Personal Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Drawing on the expertise of a network of professionals involved in developing new technologies and applications, the FMC Health & Nutrition Food, Specialty, and Personal Care Applications group offers partnerships to world class companies looking to increase the efficiency and speed of their own research and development efforts. FMC Health & Nutrition offers a network of product support and development resources to leading companies starting with the industry s broadest range of hydrocolloid and cellulosic products. Our Applications teams innovate solutions that meet the specific needs of each customer.
The Lab Technician Oral and Personal Care will provide primary technical support for the Personal Care and Natural Colors scientists in the FMC Health & NutritionEwing laboratories. This includes execution of TSRs (Technical Service Requests), support of new applications opportunities to grow the business, and the development of programs to maintain existing business.
* The candidate will provide laboratory support for the Personal Care scientist that manages the oral care and personal care applications projects. This individual will also support the Natural Colors scientist, evaluating natural colors in a variety of food, oral care, and personal care applications. Sound laboratory skills and working knowledge of oral care ingredients, food ingredients, formulations, and manufacturing processes is ideal.
* Embrace and demonstrate shared values of safety, ethics, vision, results focus, teamwork, mutual respect, innovation, change and customer focus.
Safety: Responsible use of Ewing Applications laboratories and the associated equipment/processes. Maintaining a commitment to a safe and secure environment for self and co-workers. This includes training, safety inspections, Behavior Based Safety programs, waste disposal policies, and general housekeeping.
Technical Support for Oral Care, Personal Care, and Natural Colors markets: Provide technical support to the Personal Care and Natural Colors scientist positions through the completion of designed experimental process runs in both benchtop and pilot plant situations. Demonstrated ability to work across both groups with minimal supervision. Drive for results to meet expectations of both internal and external customers, while meeting business objectives.
Communication: Maintain accurate records of laboratory work through notebooks and technical reports. Provide basic interpretation of laboratory results to scientists. Effective written and verbal communication skills will be essential in the success of this role. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate results of experiments and maintain good organization of trials.
Minimum of an Assoicate s Degree or two-year certificate in Personal Care or Health Care Sciences, Food Science/Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, or related science is required.
* 3 - 5 years experience working in the oral care, personal care, or food industries; strong working knowledge of oral care ingredients, food ingredients, formulations, and manufacturing processes is a plus; familiarity with other personal care applications preferred. Ideally this candidate will also have some experience working with hyrdocolloids and cellulosic texture ingredients.
* Minimum 3 years of demonstrated laboratory experience is required for this position. This position requires a primary presence in the laboratory, supporting multiple scientists. Experience in pilot processing, familiarity with equipment operation, and basic equipment maintenance is preferred. The ideal candidate will have strong mechanical inclination skill.
* Basic project and time management skills with an ability to verbally communicate basic research both internally and externally.
Learning on the Fly
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. Employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug free workplace. (US Only)
If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.