This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONTest all raw, intermediate, and finished products as well as collecting and testing environmental samples according to established procedures. Discover and prevent defects and improve quality. Work with a high degree of accuracy and concentration to produce valid test results in a timely manner.
* Perform receiving lab duties including weighing trucks, observing sample collections, and preparation of receiving tickets.
* Evaluate truck shipments for acceptance based upon established criteria.
* Complete entry into the computer systems and generate requested reports.
* Perform testing using the Near Infra-red methods, scorch tests, acidity tests, sink work, and other appropriate lab equipment.
* Prepare chemical solutions and media required for laboratory testing. Sterilize equipment as needed.
* Perform butterfat and total solids tests on fluid milk; cream; condensed and sweetened condensed milk; and powdered products utilizing the Mojonnier tester.
* Maintain lab records of samples, test results, and lab quality control measures in an up-to-date, legible, and accurate manner ensuring the accuracy of results.
* Certify that finished product is suitable for sale by meeting government and customer specifications. Ensure cleanliness and organization of the lab and the integrity of all testing results.
* Perform basic microbiology and environmental sampling as required.
* Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive.
* Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
* Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
* Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity.
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required