Lab Test Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
South Grafton, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview:
Molex is seeking dynamic and proactive Lab Test Technicians to join our team! We have openings on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift available. The successful candidate(s) will work with general supervision, performing standard and complex mechanical, electrical and environmental testing on Temp-Flex cable products.
This role will:
* Conducts product tests. Sets up and operates standard and custom test equipment and environmental chambers. Includes equipment such as microscopes, Instron type force equipment, various electrical parameter measuring devices (digital sample oscilloscope, network analyzer, etc.), temperature/humidity chambers, etc.
* Prepares test samples and occasionally assembles test boards using hand, wave and convection re-flow soldering processes.
* May provide direction to and utilize the support of other lab technicians whenever necessary. Ensures proper communication is exercised at shift cross-overs so that all shifts are working toward priority goals.
* Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management System (TQM) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures. Work with management on future processes including ISO and lean manufacturing.
* Works with engineers on projects as needed.
* Will use test procedures as guides, but has some freedom to determine best preparation method.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
* Associate s degree in electronics, physics or similar technical field; OR a combination of 2 years of experience and/or training utilizing electrical parameter measuring devices.
* 2+ years professional experience in a laboratory environment conducting testing on electrical components utilizing electrical parameter measuring devices, OR 1+ years of experience testing wire and cable for in a lab environment for a wire and cable manufacturer
Preferred Job Requirements:
* Experience testing wire and cable for signal integrity in a lab environment, or conducting component reliability testing in a connector manufacturing, semiconductor manufacturing, or cable assembly environment.
* Experience in signal integrity testing of wire and cable in a lab environment or conducting similar testing in a connector, cable assembly, or semiconductor manufacturing environment.
Skills & Abilities:
* Strong computer skills and knowledge of Windows/MS Office applications.
* Experience operating standard electrical/electronic test equipment.
* Experience operating environmental/mechanical test equipment.
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com