Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for LABOR & DELIVERY REGISTERED NURSE for our client in KENNEWICK, WA
JOB TITLE: LABOR & DELIVERY REGISTERED NURSE
JOB LOCATION: KENNEWICK, WA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Required Labor frequency duration, intensity and pattern of uterine contractions.
* Fetal monitoring as indicated per pathway and patient condition.
* Assesses patients on admission or when assuming care of patient.
* Re-Assess patient when changes occur in condition.
* Review with patient and family birth plan desire to create a safe /positive birth
* Experience for the patient and family.
* Encourage family interaction and learning labor process.
* Assists anesthesia provider with placement of Epidural Analgesia / or anesthesia.
* Monitors response to epidural analgesia / anesthesia, and responds appropriately.
* Assists with invasive procedures or interventions. Documents these procedures.
* Time out prior to epidural placement, and surgical interventions (c/section, Tubal Ligation).
* Labeling of containers on the sterile field at vaginal and cesarean deliveries.
* Consistently demonstrate knowledge of comfort measures, breathing patterns And position changes used during the laboring process.
* Communicates with nursery and FBC charge nurse on progress of all laboring Patients.
* Communicates with care provider progress or change of patient condition.
* Collect / label and send to laboratory cord blood specimens on all newborns at Birth. Label chart Rh - patient.
* Order type and Rh on baby as indicated.
* Infant / Mom / Support person banded at delivery. Band number recorded on baby
* Chart and mother delivery record.
* Assist with infant admission, initiate breastfeeding as appropriate, including
* Family members in ongoing education.25. Appropriately responds to medical emergency, informs provider of patient
* Status, documents information appropriate to the emergency.
* Birthing room is cleaned after delivery, removing trash, dirty linen, and disposing Of biohazard waste as appropriate.
* Neonatal Resuscitation re-certification every 2 years.
OTHER NOTES ABOUT THE UNIT:
* 10 bed LDRP,plus 3 post partum double occupancy beds, and 5 beds in level 2 nursery.
* High Risk Patients ---- Manage and deliver 34 weeks gestation to 40 weeks.
* Stabilize and transfer below 34 weeks gestation.
* Experience: L&D, NRP,Fetal monitoring, post partum mom and baby care.
* Utilize CPOE, GE Centricity for patient charting and McKesson, Bar code scanning.
* Labor and Delivery
* 12 hour night shift
* Labor and Delivery Nurse