Labor Relations Consultant - Human Resources (HR ANL 6 MSP)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Labor Relations Consultant - Human Resources (HR ANL 6 MSP)
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
This is a 1 year Contract Appointment position.
The Labor and Employee Relations Specialist has responsibility for providing advice and consultation to managers, supervisors and employees in the area of labor and employee relations, including matters related to: performance management; corrective action and or discipline; contract and policy interpretation and compliance; compliance with local, state and federal employment and labor laws; principles of sound personnel management; and the grievance and complaint resolution procedures. The incumbent also participates in local and University of California system-wide contract negotiations; conducts supervisory training; ensures that management interests are represented and employee rights are protected, and promotes proactive management practices to reduce grievances, unfair labor practice charges, charges of discrimination and employment-related litigation.
* A minimum of five (5) years experience in Employee and Labor Relations or related field
* Bachelor s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
* A thorough working knowledge of current labor laws, including unemployment insurance
* Demonstrated experience and ability to work independently in the grievance process and progressive disciplinary action process
* Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with management, employees and exclusive representatives
* Ability to investigate and respond to agency complaints
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others
* Effective written and oral communication skills essential
* Well-developed organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to handle extremely difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively
* Ability to travel and work extended hours
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Prefer public sector, higher education labor and employee relations experience
* Knowledge of public sector labor laws
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page