Labor Relations Specialist
Job Code: 26560-2376
PEOPLE. PERFORMANCE. POSSIBILITIES. These words describe the focus of our Human Resources team supporting the mission of HCA, one of the largest healthcare providers in the world: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. HCA HR is expanding the ways that it provides service to leaders and employees by unifying our HR team to offer new services for caregivers including our 24/7 HCA hrAnswers Center and Portal, new capabilities with our expanded Centers of Excellence, and new business impact through strategic HR Business Partner teams. There s never been a more exciting time to join HCA HR.
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Healthcare System, (an HCA operation) composed of Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center, MountainView Hospital, and Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high quality healthcare.
The Sunrise Health System of hospitals is one that your family doesn't want to be without. We offer the most technologically advanced hospital network in the Desert Southwest in a safe, comfortable environment for our patients and visitors.
The Labor Relations Specialist, will spend most of the time between MountainView Hospital and Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, assist leadership/management at those facilities in achieving organizational goals by acting as a trusted coordinator/liaison on a range of labor relations matters including collective bargaining; the assistance "vis-a-vis" attorneys/consultants regarding the interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements; and compliance with labor laws. There have been ongoing labor negotiations within this healthcare system since 1999, now on the 5th iteration of contract.
The Labor Relations Specialist will be responsible for some or all of the following under direction of the Director, Labor Relations:
* Coordination and the liaison for matters of routine labor relations such as the application and processing of collective bargaining agreements; the processing of formal grievances; communications with labor unions relating to other disputes and questions that arise between unions and management; responses to union information requests; discipline of bargaining unit members; and compliance with applicable labor laws.
* Assist with the response to union organizing.
* Assist with the preparation for, and the conduct of, collective bargaining.
* Assist with the preparation for, and the response to, strikes, picketing and other job actions by unions.
* Prepare and present appropriate training for facility management on a variety of labor relations topics.
* Someone who's good at gathering information, coordination/liaison of processes (if a meeting is taking place, ensuring all action items are resolved, that the necessary documentation is accessible and ready for presentation, etc.) and generally ensuring compliance with all appropriate matters.
* Work closely with union site leadership on various committees regarding staffing and patient care.
* Requires several years' relevant professional work experience (Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Human Resources, etc.).
* Must have someone who understands, has had experience with grievances and arbitrations as it relates to Unions and negotiations (within a hospital setting, would be ideal).
* Bachelor's degree required.
Last Edited: 10/12/2016