Laboratory Assistant PRN - OUMC Edmond
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25901-24501
Lab Assistant PRN - Edmond
Schedule = as needed
Under general supervision, performs pre-analytical laboratory work that assists in the diagnosis and treatment at OU MEDICAL CENTER patients.
* Responsible for the receiving, processing and distribution of routine and stat specimens for the following sections: hematology, urinalysis, coagulation, chemistry, toxicology, cytology, pathology, blood bank, and microbiology.
* Duties also include transporting specimens from other laboratories and registering patient billing information into Meditech.
* Operates laboratory equipment such as scales, centrifuges, and incubators.
* Documents proper maintenance of instrumentation/equipment.
* Ensures all CAP, JCAHO, and CLIA regulatory requirements are met with documentation.
* Interacts with hospital staff to address and resolve problems.
*EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years in a clinical laboratory setting
*EDUCATION: One (1) year in a college science program OR Completion of an accredited Laboratory Assistant Program
Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must have skills and abilities to perform required laboratory testing.
* Must have knowledge of medical terminology and specimen requirements.
* Must have knowledge of testing procedures and standards.
* Must have good communication skills with the ability to work with others as a team.
* Ability to set priorities and successfully follow through on projects and assignments.
* Capable of working under stress of a deadline or an emergency situation.
* Some knowledge of computers including keyboard skills of 20 words per minute.
* Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served by his or her service.
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodation):
Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, reaching, squatting and sufficient manual dexterity to operate equipment.
Last Edited: 09/08/2016