Laboratory Career Opportunities with IDEXX in North Grafton, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 8/4/2017
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
North Grafton, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONIDEXX LABORATORIES IS LOOKING FOR OUTSTANDING VET TECHS AND LAB PROFESSIONALS TO JOIN OUR NORTH GRAFTON, MA REFERENCE LAB.
COME JOIN THE WORLD LEADER IN VETERINARY DIAGNOSTICS
WHAT WILL YOU MAKE BETTER TODAY?
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 8,000 people and offers products to customers in over 100 countries.
IDEXX NORTH GRAFTON IS OFTEN LOOKING FOR LABORATORY PROFESSIONALS TO FILL SPECIMEN PROCESSING, PARASITOLOGY TECH, AND GENERALIST TECH (HEMATOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, URINALYSIS) TECH ROLES, AS WELL AS POSITIONS IN OTHER BENCH AREAS.
MOST OF OUR OPEN POSITIONS OCCUR ON OUR THIRD/OVERNIGHT SHIFT.
ARE YOU A VETERINARY OR LABORATORY PROFESSIONAL LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY? WOULD YOU LOVE TO WORK IN A FAST-PACED, DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT? IDEXX COULD BE THE PLACE FOR YOU! WE OFFER OUTSTANDING PAY, BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT.
To see full job descriptions, including Duties, Qualifications, Required Skills and Abilities and Physical Demands, please see our job listings online at careers.idexx.com - search by keyword NORTH GRAFTON.
YOU CAN ALSO REACH OUT TO Carolyn Hart in Recruiting at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Come Join Our Team Today!
* High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2, 3 or 4 year degree in Science-related field preferred.
* Typically 0-1 years experience.
* Certification as a Veterinary Technician (RVT, LVT, CVT - Registered, Licensed or Certified through American Veterinary Medical Association accredited program-AVMA) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) (American Society of Clinical Pathology-ASCP), or military equivalent a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running and reading lab tests and operating lab instruments.
* General science background, including hematology/chemistry helpful.
* Attention to detail.
* Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Positive, can-do attitude.
* Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) as appropriate.
* Supervisory skills, if a lead position.
* Personal computer skills, including strong typing ability and proficient use of Microsoft Office.
* Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
* Capable of standing continuously for up to 2 hours.
* Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
* Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
* Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
* Fluency in the English language.
* Extended hours may be required.
* Some travel required.
* Laboratory environment with potential biohazards present.
* Potential for exposure to agents known to cause zoonotic disease in humans and use of potentially hazardous chemicals as defined by the National Hazard Communication Standards. A complete list of such chemicals is available from department supervision.
NO UNSOLICITED EMPLOYMENT AGENCY RESUMES ARE ACCEPTED.