Laboratory Development & Validation Manager, Kohler Mira
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Laboratory Development & Validation Manager, Kohler Mira
LABORATORY DEVELOPMENT & VALIDATION MANAGER
To manage a team of engineers and technicians responsible for co-ordinating all activities relating to product reliability, design validation, product audit and laboratory functions within the business.
Main job functions:
- To manage the NPD test facility, ensuring that this is flexible, maintained and efficient
- To develop a strategy for laboratory development in line with the business goals
- To develop and implement processes to ensure the laboratory facility is maintained and utilized efficiently
- To work with other functions within NPD to impact warranty and validation activity
- Drive product integrity initiatives to reduce warranty and maximize customer satisfaction
- To support NPDI project teams with lab related support
- To ensure the continued improvement in product design test validation processes
- To manage, develop and implement the product audit function within the business
- Provide technical support to other internal functions
- Manage, develop and mentor direct reports as appropriate
Will typically be an engineering graduate with 5/8 years relevant experience in Lab Management/Design/Validation process in a medium/large commercially focussed engineering company, with special focus on:
- Experience of working in and appreciating an environment, which is focused on quality and customer satisfaction
- Effective communication skills for example being able to persuade others and to negotiate in committee to maximize the commercial opportunity for the company
- An ability to communicate complex technical matters to a non technical audience
- Good team working and team leading skills when working with other managers and to effectively manage own team
- Open attitude to change and have sufficient energy and vision to enable achievement of targets when working within teams, many of who will not be direct reports
- Proven ability to manage in a dynamic, technical environment
- Financial Management
- Test department process knowledge
Why Work at Kohler Mira?
People have been turning to us for bathroom products for over 90 years, a responsibility we don't take lightly. In all of the businesses that make up Kohler Mira we are committed to designing innovative products that bring beauty, comfort and safety to life. Because of this we understand that it takes investment in our people and their development in order to deliver on that commitment and so, we invest heavily in each individual's personal development in a variety of ways.
In addition to the investment in personal development, Kohler Mira offers a competitive salary, numerous wellbeing benefits and a strong involvement in Corporate Social Responsibility.
In the UK, Kohler Mira Ltd. is made up of three market leading brands; Mira Showers, Rada Controls and Kohler Company. Where our brands differ in market position they are equal in quality, each living up to the Kohler Company mission to live on the leading edge of design and technology and provide a single level of quality regardless of price.
Learn more about us, our brands and career opportunities at www.kohlermira.co.uk .
It is Kohler Mira's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified associates in all job classifications without prejudice. If, as an individual with a disability, you require adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com .