Laboratory Director 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 8200-000479
Days (rotating weekends)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ensures that delivery of service is produced in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
* Ensures standards for test and treatment quality, equipment and personnel performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize quality.
* Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to facility property.
* Develops, monitors and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to cost containment issues.
* Ensures orders are produced and followed according to specifications and quality standards are met.
* Addresses issues related to safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, etc. Adheres to company policy and administers practices in a fair and equitable manner.
* Develops and manages budget. Controls expenses effectively.
* Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
* Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
* Participates in hospital-wide quality assurance program.
* Ensures policies and procedures are in place and appropriately utilized to maintain department accreditations, CLIA, Blood Bank, etc.
* Plans and coordinates daily activities for department personnel to maximize efficiency and productivity.
* Completes timecards for payroll and productivity reports.
* Reports medical errors in a timely and accurate manner.
* Identifies equipment deficiencies and applies corrective action.
* Maintains documented proficiencies of department employees.
* Assists when needed to prevent excessive workload and to assist in staffing during employee absences.
* Maintains current knowledge of state, federal and local regulations that could affect the operations of the department and the hospital.
* Coordinates and integrates services within the department and with other departments.
* Provides orientation, inservice education and continuing education for all persons in the department.
* Ensures the safety and comfort of the patients and the health and safety of employees.
* Facilitates department meetings and ensures written minutes are available and submitted in a timely manner.
* Establishes and maintains a system of administrative records and reports as required.
B.S. in Medical Technology required, Advanced Degree preferred
Must meet supervisory qualifications for ASCP
Minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience and 2-3 years management experience
Knowledge of laboratory systems
Last Edited: 08/15/2016