Laboratory Informatics Sales Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions.
Agilent s culture is based on innovation, trust, respect and teamwork; and uncompromising integrity. Added to these are speed, focus and accountability to meet customer needs and create a culture of performance that draws on the full range of people's skills and aspirations.
Agilent is regularly recognized by external organizations for its culture as well as its practices around processes and people.
In this Informatics Product Specialist sales role, you will be responsible for driving Agilent Technologies' Informatics solutions across a diverse customer base. You will team with area account managers, services organization, and Software Informatics Division members to develop complex solutions for our customers. You will carry quota and be compensated for all Informatics sales in the specified geography. You will be expected to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell Agilent software solutions. You will be part of a dynamic team of product specialists and application consultants driving Agilent's success in this competitive marketplace.
Informatics Product Specialist Primary Responsibilities:
* Be a resource, mentor, and leader for Informatics Software products in your specified geography
* Follow up qualified leads from various sources while also identifying and developing prospects independently.
* Sets sales strategy for territory with local account managers.
* Work collaboratively to assemble and present complex customer solutions for networked systems, engaging support and solution units.
* Consistently engage with and maintain customer relationship and customer satisfaction.
* Present solutions to diverse customer groups Management, lab personnel, and IT.
* Utilize and orchestrate customer facing resources appropriately.
* Assist in customer demos and presentations.
* Look for opportunities to cross-sell other complementary products from Agilent.
* Work with Field Sales Channel on development and implementation of key marketing programs.
* Utilize SAP CRM and other appropriate tools for effective account management.
* Manage Informatics sales in your geography, forecast orders, maintain a business plan.
* B.S., M.S., or PhD in an Analytical or Computer Science discipline
* 2+ years of experience in strategic selling
* Understanding of Networked Chromatography Systems
* Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Industry and Market Knowledge
* Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills as well as Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
* Teaming/Collaboration Skills (resource management and team leadership)
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability..