Laboratory Technical Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Laboratory Technical Assistant Department:
Transfusion Med Blood Bank - - - # Description Requisition ID:
8053 Job Title:
Laboratory Technical Assistant Union:
SEIU Hourly Range:
$17\.27 \- $25\.90*
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* Prepares blood components according to established procedures\. Performs a variety of clerical duties such as record keeping, blood product inventory and preparation/distribution of reports\. Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan\. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Minimum Education:
* High School or equivalent Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements*
* Minimum Experience:
* Prior work experience in fast paced environment preferred*
* Preferred Education:
* Some college level Science classes in Biology or Chemistry\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .