Laboratory Technician Assistant PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 09721-43687
LAFAYETTE REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER is a 25-bed acute care facility that is deeply rooted in the community it serves. Lafayette Regional includes all new private rooms with private baths, state-of-the art imaging and testing services, a full range of general and laparoscopic surgeries, wellness programs, and rehabilitation services. With a broad range of services, nearly 20 medical specialties are covered at Lafayette Regional.
LAFAYETTE REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER is currently looking for a Laboratory Technician Assist PRN.
* Under the direct supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Coordinator/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
* Performs testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
* Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
* Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
* Maintains a safe work area.
* Demonstrates professional work habits, positive interpersonal skills and great customer service.
* Assist in training new staff as appropriate.
* The Lab Technical Assistant collects specimens from birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: high school graduate or equivalent preferred
Certifications: Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Experience: One year experience in a medical laboratory required or college course work in biological/chemical sciences or graduate of phlebotomy course plus 6 months experience. Six months computer keyboarding or equivalent preferred.
Last Edited: 09/16/2016