Laboratory Technician, Lincolnshire, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
In general, the Laboratory Technician is responsible for conduct of routine analytical work performed on pharmaceutical water as well as assisting other Analysts in the completion of their tasks. General duties essential to an orderly, efficient and prepared Analytical laboratory will also be applicable to this position.
Overall, this position presents the employee with an opportunity to play a key customer service role in the company while simultaneously learning the technical skills required to advance in the field of pharmaceutical analysis.
Employees working at the level of Laboratory Technician in the Analytical Services Laboratory at SGS report to a Laboratory Supervisor, Manager or Director of the Department.
OUR PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct, and to conduct all our testing to to the highest level of cGMP compliance.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO CUSTOMERS
* Point of contact for client inquiries as related to water testing
* Providing needed support to technical staff in their efforts to ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time, quality specifications, etc.
* Working together with technical staff to ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
* Ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time and quality-of-work expectations.
* Participating in departmental and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of SGS client services.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
* Ensure that all reasonable requests from Analysts and management pertaining to the conduct of a given test or group of tests are met in a timely and effective manner.
* Ensure that all technical staff working in the Analytical Services Laboratory receive the help and cooperation they need to successfully complete their studies.
* Provide the Administrative Laboratory Supervisor or Manager with appropriate notification of any special requests regarding sample log-in, reporting, and billing activities.
* Participate in departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
* Participate in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory.
* Perform water testing per client request and internal testing requirements. Testing includes, but is not limited to TOC, Conductivity and Nitrates.
* Perform general tasks essential to a clean and efficient Analytical Lab. Duties here may include cleaning and maintaining work spaces, inventory, receipt, and storage of lab supplies, equipment calibration and maintenance, and preparation and set-up of resources used in the testing process.
* Demonstrate willingness and ability to train on applicable general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Laboratory.
* Become familiar with GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the Analytical Laboratory.
* Participate as needed in departmental efforts directed toward equipment maintenance and calibration.
* Maintaining and archiving historical data
* Assisting in contract review duties as applicable to water testing
* Adherence to relevant SGS SOPs governing official records and documentation.
* Adherence to all SGS personnel policies regarding time clock, telephones, sick days, vacation days, etc.
* Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.
* B.S. in Chemistry (or equivalent in experience or training) preferred. Working knowledge of basic chemical principles required. Previous analytical laboratory experience preferred.
* Job requires mobile use of hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
* Must be capable of working at a lab bench for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight hours on a given day.
* Able to work carefully with laboratory glassware and testing apparatus with due regard for the fragility of this equipment. Able to work carefully and with and around chemical reagents and client samples.
* Able to maintain a notebook record of work performed in the laboratory. Able to follow written testing procedures exactly.
* Possesses good mechanical dexterity for equipment set-up and is able to perform minor repairs on laboratory equipment.
* Must be able to convey complex ideas in easily understandable terms to both internal staff and clients.
* Language and communication skills adequate for daily communication regarding job priorities and deadlines required.
* Must be able to follow directions well. Good listening skills essential.
* Must be able to cooperate well with others and work as part of a team.
* Must be capable of working with persons from diverse backgrounds.
* Safety is a top priority within SGS. Every employee within the organization has defined HSE Duties and Responsibilities to ensure that the organization meets its objectives of no harm to personnel, damage to equipment, or harm to the environment.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.