This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
* Examines test samples and reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, measuring instruments, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance and reviews test and construction data with supervisor.
* Builds and/or adapts electrical/mechanical setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. May direct staff in test setups. Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or equipment.
* Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment such as power analyzer, data loggers and oscilloscopes . Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
* Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel. May communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss additional follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
* Records observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepares data sheets and test reports. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations, as directed.
* Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
* Performs other duties as directed.
* Electrical background is a MUST.
* Electronics experience is a plus
Some University education in a related discipline.
Must have an electrical background.