This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Under minimal supervision, the Laboratory Technican sets up and performs a variety of tests within areas of responsibility where basic knowledge of the underlying scientific and engineering fundamentals is required for the Performance Materials laboratory team. Provides feedback regarding tests and data sheets. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations.
* Performs plastics testing such as flammability, impact, dielectric strength, tracking, glow wire, and tracking index.
* Examines test samples, conducts testing, reviews test results and construction data with supervisor or other staff members.
* Builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. May direct staff in test setups.
* Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
* Records observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepares data sheets and test reports. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations, as directed.
* Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
* Communicates with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss additional follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
* Performs other duties as directed.
* Mechanical apptitude
* Strong attention to detail
* Flexibility in working with other staff members, and open to working with a variety of tests
* Should be open to working with electrical testing when necessary
* High School Diploma/GED
* Strong verbal and written communication skills