Laboratory Technologist - Hematology - EMCM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
East Norriton, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY IS A MEDICAL DESTINATION PROVIDING MANY NEW HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND RESOURCES PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE IN THE AREA INCLUDING ADVANCED MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CARE, DIAGNOSTIC TESTING SERVICES, A NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY CARE. LOCATED ON 87 ACRES ALONG GERMANTOWN PIKE IN EAST NORRITON, PA, EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY BRINGS THE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK TO RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Performing standard laboratory procedures requiring a broad use of independent judgment ad responsibility with minimal technical supervision
* Performing quality control and quality assurance associated with laboratory procedures
* May be required to be on night and weekend call rotation
* Job descriptions are subject to change with continued Activation Planning. Modifications may be made at any time based on operational and patient needs.
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* BS degree in clinical laboratory science in medical technology from accredited institution or equivalent required
* 1+ year clinical laboratory externship and documentation of training appropriate for designated area
* Hospital lab experience preferred
* Demonstrated experience using personal computer
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Must consistently demonstrate competence in all procedures on annual skill assessment per CLIA
* MLT or MT ASCP certification or equivalent preferred
* Physical requirements: Frequent sitting and standing; occasional lifting and transferring of supplies up to 25 lbs. with appropriate ergonomic support; agility (bend, stoop, twist, kneel and turn); dexterity required for troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Visual Requirements: Near vision, color vision, and extensive exposure to video display terminals.
* Hearing Requirements: Able to hear normal conversation and telephone communication.
* Working Conditions: Laboratory setting, instrumentation (with background noise), and exposure to infectious diseases. Must be capable of reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.