This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is assist the skilled trades people in meeting the productivity and quality specifications of contract and plans, and to keep the work sites supplied, clean and efficient.
TASKS & DUTIES
* Maintain a clean, efficient, and organized work area, including job sites
* Pick up trash and debris and dispose of properly at site
* Put excess supplies and materials back in storage to decrease loss or waste
* Keep storage areas neat and organized
* Maintain a positive and professional personal appearance
* Help any plumber or pipe fitter or welder when asked.
* Build job knowledge and skills to enhance contribution to company by individual and by work teams
* Follow direction of Plumber, Pipe Fitter or Foreman to complete jobs, enhance technical understanding and job skills
* Adhere to safety and work rules and regulations concerning working conditions
* Work cooperatively with other company employees to match skills, time and effort to jobs to complete them within budget and on time, improving the efficiency and profitability of Schadsons Corporation
* Keep company tools, supplies and equipment safe and secure to prevent loss, damage, delays, or extra cost to job
* Provide suggestions to other on opportunities for more efficient or improved service.
* Perform any other duty or assignment as may be assigned from time to time, in accordance union agreements and contracts.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred
Previous construction/plumbing/pipe fitting experience preferred
Basic reading and math skills mandatory
Read, write and communicate in English.
Full range use of arms, legs, hands.
Full mobility , including walking, climbing up and down, stooping, bending, stretching, crawling, reaching, working from lifts, ladders and scaffolds; pulling, pushing
Regular moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds).
Use of all bodily senses including hearing and vision, including color perception.
Spatial orientation and mechanical skill
Ability to understand spoken instructions, to follow orders, and to relate instructions to physical materials and/or plans.