Laborer/Mechanics Assistant 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Performs a variety of manual labor duties which assist the maintenance mechanics and other departments of the plant, working from written or verbal instructions and in accordance with established operating procedures. Willing and able to follow instructions and work with others in learning any craftsperson's trade to which they may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Assists in the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, buildings, and the physical structure of the plant.
* Can work alone or with experienced employees of various departments performing manual labor duties.
* Cleans, clears and prepares the job sites or work areas for other workers.
* Loads and unloads equipment, machinery or materials onto or from trucks to freight cars.
* Excavates with a hand shovel; mixes and pours concrete.
* Cleans machinery and equipment with a wire brush, rags, solvent or other materials.
* Secures and handles the tools, materials and erects structures such as scaffolds, etc.
* Clears and cleans the job site or work area when the jobs are complete.
* Sweeps, cleans, and repairs the roadways, parking lots and the grass areas. Removes and disposes of the rubbish.
* Cleans, scrubs, scrapes, buildings, walls, machinery, and the equipment.
* Operates powered equipment such as a tractor, mover, power sweeper, paving breaker, and a lift.
* Assists in the machine cleanouts. Operates powered equipment such as a wire brushes, air spades. Performs other cleanout duties as needed.
* Assists in the rearrangement of maintenance materials as assigned.
* May work with other employees during cleanouts and emergencies, performing any necessary duties to get the equipment back up and running.
* Uses safe work practices and reports hazardous conditions.
* Observes equipment for unusual or faulty operation and promptly notifies supervision.
* Keeps the equipment and work areas clean and orderly.
* Performs miscellaneous clean up in the production areas as assigned.
* Performs clerical duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to the work performed.
* Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
* High School Diploma and/or GED required
* 2-3 Years as a general laborer or mechanics assistant
* Understanding of maintenance principles such as plumbing, electrical and repairing equipment a plus.
* Able to use a computer to input basic data entry
* Experience in a manufacturing or construction environment is a plus
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* Good understanding of mathematics; measurements, fractions, decimals
Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.