Lactation Consultant - (0.7 FTE, Days)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCLINICAL SERVICES
0.7 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
The lactation consultants work in the inpatient setting. Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams and other primary care providers to assure optimum clinical management of lactation in order to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding. Provide education, counseling, and clinical management to promote breastfeeding as the expected norm for infant nutrition. Continue to evolve and incorporate research findings and best practices to adapt to societal needs as it relates to breastfeeding and lactation management.
* Analyze All Assessment Data To Develop A Plan Of Care That Is Both Specific To The Dyad\'s Needs And Acceptable To The Client.
* Evaluate assessment data to develop a plan of care that is both specific to the client's needs and acceptable to the client with the scope of the Preventative Management Guidelines (PMG's).
* Obtain an appropriate breastfeeding history for the mother and child.
* Plans, develops, coordinates, and provides breastfeeding education and counseling in response to the needs of clients, families, health care team members, and the community.
* Provide education and guidance to all staff that care for breastfeeding dyads to develop and enhance their clinical skills.
* Provide emotional support for continued breastfeeding in difficult or complicated circumstances.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university, RN or RD preferred.
License/Certification: International Board Certified Lactation Consultant - IBCLC and Current AHA Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
* Ability To Adjust Communications To Fit The Needs And Level Of Understanding Of The Receiver.
* Ability to integrate observation, knowledge, and skills in assessing mothers and children in developing individualized breastfeeding management strategies.
* Ability to provide leadership and influence others.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
Lucile Packard Children s Hospital Stanford Strongly Values Diversity And Is Committed To Equal Opportunity And Non-discrimination In All Of Its Policies And Practices, Including The Area Of Employment. Accordingly, LPCH Does Not Discriminate Against Any Person On The Basis Of Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation Or Identity, Religion, Age, National Or Ethnic Origin, Political Beliefs, Marital Status, Medical Condition, Genetic Information, Veteran Status, Or Disability. Women And Men, Members Of All Racial And Ethnic Groups, People With Disabilities, And Veterans Are Encouraged To Apply.
Lucile Packard Children s Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Women and men, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.