Lancaster Pike Primary Care APRN / PA Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Medical Group of Christiana Care Health System is recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner to work in Lancaster Pike Internal Medicine Practice. The practice consists of five physicians and support staff with a panel size of approximately 7,400 patients. One evening a week and one Saturday morning a month is required as part of the schedule and practice hours.
To assist the physician in examining and treating patients including but not limited to initial nursing assessment vital signs immunization, and performing age appropriate test.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assesses and documents patient and family response to intervention
* Demonstrates ability to carry out critical skill as outlined in procedures and specific standards
* Identifies each patient prior to administering medications and providing care and treatment.
* Performs technical skills and administers medications in a safe and efficient manner.
* Establishes priorities based on patient needs and emergent care
* Provides supervision and direction to other team members. Delegates task according to capabilities and scope of responsibilities.
* Ability to independently review patient problems including, but not limited to medication refills, determining the need of follow up care and referring appropriately to the physician according to policy.
* Performs all prescribed laboratory test, sends to appropriate laboratory, receives and interprets laboratory values, and notifies physician of results
* Providing patient education and counseling to patients and their families
* Participate in chronic disease management of patients
* Manage patients chronic disease
* Provide diabetic disease management to patients
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to the appropriate personnel, in a timely fashion, any unsafe activities, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients, and visitors.
* Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients), including knowledge of growth and development, that ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and provide the care needed.
* Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master s degree as an Advance Practice Nurse
* Licensure or license eligible as an Advanced Practice Nurse Nurse Practitioner as set forth by the Delaware Board of Nursing
* Prescriptive authority required in Delaware
* Certification in BCLS
Experience working in Primary Care as an APRN preferred.
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Advanced Nurse Practitioner
JOB REQUISITION #: 39131BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an Award Winning Warrior Friendly Business.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Wilmington
Nearest Secondary Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Geriatric, Medical, Pediatric, Diabetes, Laboratory, Healthcare, Science Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.