Landscape designer (part-time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
HOK Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
We are currently seeking a Landscape Design Professional to join our team. As a Landscape Design Professional, you will be responsible for working with the project team to assist overall efforts of completing various project phases. This position is part-time and hours may fluctuate depending on deadlines.
* Works on a full range of assignments in supporting the delivery of all project phases and construction administration
* Works to gain experience in comprehensive preparation of master plan reports, construction documentation and the construction process.
* Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
* Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
* Displays ability to grasp design concepts and express graphically.
* Builds models for client/project team review.
* Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
* Performs benchmarking research on programming, comparable projects and images.
* Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
* May assist team in construction administration document management.
* Displays beginning level understanding of HOK design process, marketing process and supports interview and proposal preparation.
* Displays beginning level understanding of Agreements to work within budget, schedule, work plan and client constraints.
* Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Proficiency in BIM, Revit preferred.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD
* Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proficiency in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
* Proficiency in Sketchup, GIS and Ecotect software preferred.
* Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
* Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
* Bachelor s degree in landscape architecture or architecture plus 0 to 3 years experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required. We will also consider students in the final year of their Master s degree in landscape architecture or urban design may also be required.
* LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Houston, Texas, United States
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer