Large Group Sales Rep 9/3/2016
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. Our associates are at the heart of our company s vision and values: We will attract, challenge, grow and reward our most valuable assets our people. Our relentless focus on superior customer service has helped us achieve financial strength and stability, along with consistent recognition by the industry s leading independent insurance analysts.
The LARGE GROUP SALES REP is responsible for the promotion, sale and servicing of group Dental and Eye Care insurance, prepaid and ASO contracts offered by the Ameritas Group Division. The associate will have no outside business interest as deemed by the company as a conflict of interest. The sale of Ameritas Group Products is conducted via brokers, direct calls and other methods as assigned.
- Solve for the needs of the employer, broker and insureds related to our product offerings--group dental and eye care--with variations to meet customer needs. Products are sold primarily through broker relationships and direct sales. Other relationships such as TPA s will be considered.
- A highly competitive and sophisticated market, this position s primary thrust is to maintain a high level of service to existing clients and contribute to increased sales. Committed sales results are delivered on a quarterly basis.
- Incumbent secures business written via assigned markets and brokers. Promotes broker development through personal contacts and approved marketing and sales methods. Ensure that submitted cases meet acceptable underwriting principles.
- Assist brokers on sales presentations and enrollments on both new and existing business.
- Under guidance of the Field Officer, monitors group business ensuring high quality of the producer and exercising sound judgment in the expenditure of company funds. Incumbent will begin with a narrow scope of decision-making authority that will increase with experience. The successful Group Representative will know their competitors and understand contractual differences to position Ameritas for sales results.
- Incumbent is assigned goals and will be continually challenged to develop new business in a highly competitive marketplace and maintain the loyalty of the producers. Group Sales Representatives focus sales efforts to meet company objectives. Focus efforts may include product type, industry, case size or sales method.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and eye care insurance, 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition assistance and a variety of wellness benefits. Consider being a part of our future. APPLY NOW!
The incumbent must have a strong aptitude for sales as well as the ability to comprehend group insurance concepts, underwriting philosophies, and rate calculations. It is the incumbent s responsibility to remain knowledgeable of all products in the company s portfolio. This is accomplished through self-directed study, seminars, and online learning. It is essential the incumbent understand the competitors products to enhance successful negotiations in competitive situations. This is done through constant exposure to the marketplace.
Mission Critical Competencies- Individual Contributor
Factor I: Strategic Skills
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Technical Learning
* Decision Quality
* Intellectual Horsepower
* Learning on the Fly
* Problem Solving
* Strategic Agility
Factor II: Operating Skills
* Process Management
* Total Work Systems
Factor III: Courage
* Standing Alone
* Sizing up People
Factor IV: Energy and Drive
* Action Oriented
* Drive for Results
Factor V: Organizational Positioning Skills
Factor VI: Personal and Interpersonal Skills
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Peer Relationships
* Motivating Others
* Managing Vision and Purpose