Large Loss Manager & Casualty Process Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
National General Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Reporting directly to the Director of Claims Legal, the person in this position will serve a dual role. As the manager of the Large Loss Unit, he/she will be responsible for the appropriate resolution of the Claim Department's highest exposure and complex claims with primary focus on the maximizing of internal resources to attain quality and good faith claims handling in a cost effective manner. In addition, this person will directly and indirectly influence casualty handling processes to achieve the Claim Department's mission in this area. As the Casualty Process Leader, this person will work closely with the operational leadership, audit and training managers to assure the existence and execution of high quality casualty process and standards. Responsible for embedding a strategy focused on proactive handling and prompt conclusion with the appropriate identification, methods, analysis and resolution of bodily injury claims.
* Directly manages Large Loss Supervisors and is the primary source of direction for unit on claims policies and procedures.
* Provides guidance, mentoring, and counseling on policy and coverage interpretation and serves as subject matter expert for Claims,, Operations, Product and Pricing, and other departments.
* Ensures that claims are handled consistent with state legal and regulatory requirements and the company's Claims Handling Guidelines and Litigation Management Guidelines.
* Designs best practices for bodily injury claims handling.Collaborates with appropriate team members to document these in the Claims Handling Guidelines, which will be the repository of standardized file handling procedures throughout the department.
* Leads process development, experimentation, and deployment of national processes designed to improve overall casualty outcomes, specifically related to medical and injury.
* Confirms that the current metrics that are being utilized to manage and monitor bodily injury claims handling are appropriate.Measures and analyzes those metrics on an ongoing basis.Where positive trends are identified, leverages those to develop department best practices.Where negative trends are identified, works with the operational leadership, auditing and training managers to identify reasons and implement corrective action.
* Ensures the accurate and complete utilization of the liability and injury evaluation software.Subject matter expert for these tools.
* Works with all subject matter experts, partners and national experts to best understand trends and dynamics to best drive performance.
* Works with product organization in identifying state and national casualty trends to get ahead of the workload and other impacts product growth can have on a claims organization.
* Sometimes leads or otherwise collaborates with the training department on module creation and rollout as needed.
* A minimum ten (10) years of related work experience in a personal lines property and casualty insurance company with at least five (5) years' experience managing bodily injury/large loss/litigation claims.
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of claims policies and procedures for resolving said claims
* Proven success in bodily injury claims handling, specifically in the areas of damage evaluation, workflow, and trends
* Demonstrates ability to develop efficient, customer-centric processes, leveraging headcount.
* Demonstrates understanding of global company knowledge and impact of decisions.
* Primary responsibility for monitoring and controlling allocated/unallocated expenses and payment severity.
* Proven success in the following competencies: analysis and reporting, business planning and management, customer focus, influence management, problem solving and decision making, information and technology proficiency, emotional intelligence, leadership, and technical industry expertise.
* College degree or related business experience.
* Requires a high degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion.Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with others is critical.Negotiation skills are important.
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
* Has the ability to represent the department and contribute to the strategy of executing the company objectives.
* Demonstrates professional verbal and written communication skills.Organization, customer service and time management skills are critical for this position.
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of insurance concepts.
* Demonstrates the ability to find answers to more complex issues and is source of direction/assistance for other members of the Claims Department.
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company.Also, demonstrates an understanding of the functions of other departments.
* Comfort and skill with public speaking and presentation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.