- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Laser Technician - Staff
Job Description and Responsibilities
* Build complex laser resonators/fiber lasers in a clean room environment, following written methods and verbal instructions
* Perform optics handling and complex multi-optic alignment. Will routinely use oscilloscope, VOM, optical characterization equipment, and various other measurement equipment
* Perform routine and complex troubleshooting and problem solving
* Compile and present technical data and drawing technical conclusions
Education and Work Experience
Extensive experience with the alignment and assembly of optical devices, fiber lasers, ultrashort pulse and pulse compression
Experience with fiber optic cleaving and splicing
Comfortable with electronic and electro-optical test and measurement systems
Laser alignment of diode-pumped solid state lasers (DPSS)
Alignment of laser resonators
Alignment of laser cavities
Alignment of output couplers (OC), high reflectors (HR), end mirrors, secondary harmonic generating crystal (SHG), LBO crystals
Ability to use standard PC software including MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook, etc.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while ensuring quality results
Must have strong English verbal and written communication skills
Technical degree preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.