Latin America Infrastructure Analyst - Macquarie Capital - New York 8/25/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RECRUITER: Tammy Lee
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Macquarie Capital has been active in Latin America since 2004, with local permanent presence in Mexico since 2008. The team is leveraging Macquarie's specialist capabilities and industry leadership in sectors relevant to Latin America, including infrastructure (including roads, ports, airports), utilities, energy and natural resources. The Latam team is in the process of increasing its presence and is seeking to recruit an Analyst for the New York office.
We offer full M&A advisory services, Capital Markets Advisory, Restructuring & Special Situations and Principal Investing. Macquarie Capital operates under a merchant banking model, by providing flexible capital solutions to companies to underpin growth, whether organic or through acquisition, and to provide alternative balance sheet solutions to traditional capital markets, including private equity and debt investments.
With a global vision, Macquarie achieves growth and success through specialist expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit. We offer the freedom to display creativity and innovation.
The successful candidate will:
* Have 1-2 years transactional experience ideally at an investment bank, private equity firm, project finance lender or similar
* Have experience in core transactional skills (valuation, due diligence, commercial analysis)
* Fluency in both English and Spanish is essential
* Have excellent written and oral communication abilities and the ability to work with those at all levels
* Have strong analytical and numerical skills and a high level of attention to detail
* Have a hard-working, can-do attitude and a willingness to handle multiple aspects of a transaction
* Be able to work in an open, fast-paced environment
* Be able to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities
* Be ambitious, motivated, entrepreneurial and have the desire to succeed
* Be a team player
* Experience in infrastructure/power and utilities is highly desirable
* Portuguese language skills would be an advantage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 22 Sep 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities