This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Cornerstone Recruitment Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a global market leader in the field of chrome plating and coating of plastic components for the automotive industry. This is a great opportunity to join a growing German company with their first US plant.
They are looking to hire a LAUNCH MANAGER to join their team in their new state-of-the-art plant in BIRMINGHAM, AL AREA. This opportunity will provide the right person to get in on the ground floor of a company. The plant has several labs and is already equipped for huge growth. The company is providing relocation assistance.
****Almost all of healthcare premiums are paid for by the company, with little to no cost to the employee****
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
* Responsible for implementation of new, transfer of existing projects and successful launch
* Interface between development team and plant team during implementation-, launch-phase and series production
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Planning of project transfer activities in cooperation with project development team and plant team
* Realization of transfer activities with plant and development team under consideration of specific logistics and quality targets
* Responsible for all industrialization activities in plant
* Coordination of customer requests related to project launch
* Periodical progress reports internally and towards customers
* Provide ramp-up support related to Quality, Production and Logistics activities
* Promote standardized work and continuous improvement activities
* Project timing
* Formulate capacity plans in line with market requirements for new projects
* Supports development team pertaining customer requests and customer visits
B.S. Degree in Engineering or closely related field.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (YEARS/ EXPERIENCE)
* Minimum of five (7) years of industrialengineering or manufacturing management experience within the automotive industry
* Prefer injection molding or electroplating experience