This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
1st Choice, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONLaw Clerk
Major Purpose of this job:
The law clerk shall be thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail. Understands and interprets written material including technical material, rules, regulations, instructions, reports, charts, graphs, or tables and applies what is learned from written material to specific situations
Essential Job Functions:
He/she must be able to:
• Research laws, regulation, agency rules, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs, or other information related to performing legal research and analysis.
• Prepare documents related to financial assistance and awards, and legal memoranda.
• Identify and create statements of issues involved in preparing legal contracts and other documents, including appropriate suggestions or recommendations.
• Confer with attorneys and program personnel on legal questions and construction/analysis of documents. Determine issues involved and path to move project forward.
• Coordinate/initiate legal correspondence and review, organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
• Record minutes of meetings, record and maintain records, and prepare meeting agendas and packets of related information
Must possess knowledge, skills and/or abilities of:
o Laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process
o Government financial assistance, general law, consortiums, corporation law, export control, and conflict of interests
o The structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Understanding legal significance of written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
o Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
o Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
o Communicating effectively and persuasively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
o talking to others to convey information effectively
o The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense, and adapt analysis to new, similar but not identical problems.
Required Minimum Education and Experience for the Law Clerk shall demonstrate or shall have:
1. a Bachelor’s degree (in a business, scientific or engineering field is desired, but not required);
2. a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree
3. one (1) year of related work during law school through internship, fellowship, clerkship or other similar position.
4. U.S. citizen or lawful permanent residents
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance