Lawson Functional Financial Consultant 9/17/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Lawson Functional Financial Consultant to join our team. Will consider candidates near a major airport and willing to travel.
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Functional Consultant understands the features and functionality of Lawson Financials. The Functional Consultant serves as the subject matter expert on Lawson Financials implementation and upgrade projects. The role of the Functional Consultant is to lead and/or support clients through all phases of the project lifecycle: analysis, design, development, and testing, training and post-implementation / post-upgrade support. Individuals in this role report directly to the Project Manager on the client engagement and have experience with configuring, using and supporting Lawson Financials version 9.x or higher. To note: Lawson experience is desired but not mandatory. Previous experience with another ERP system and the willingness to learn Lawson will also be considered.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Gather client requirements for business rules, configuration, conversions, interfaces, reporting and security
* Perform fit/gap analysis of client requirements to delivered Lawson functionality
* Create testing strategy for user acceptance testing
* Develop reports and adhoc queries
* Provide post-implementation support
* Create deliverables for key project milestones and obtain the appropriate client sign off
* Prepare weekly status reports for the Project Manager
* 3 yrs experience in Accounting, Finance or Financial Reporting
* Accounting Certifications desirable
* Implementation and/or hands on experience with ERP system or Lawson Financials version 9.x or higher
* Solid understanding of General Ledger functionality and key business processes: application set-up, Online and Spreadsheet Journal Entries, Code Block, Combo Edits, Allocations, Consolidations, Multi-Currency, Report Writer, Transaction Writer
* Solid understanding of Accounts Payable functionality and key business processes: Application Setup, Vendor Setup, Voucher Entry, Matching, Pay Cycle Processing, ACH Payments, Withholding, Sales & Use Tax, 1099 Reporting, Multi-Currency, Message Queue resolution process
* Experience with Activities, Billing, Lease Management, Grant Management is a plus
* Proficiency in the development of reports and adhoc Lawson queries
* Excels in a team environment
* Demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills that fall outside one's own immediate skill set
* The ability to multitask & prioritize work in order to complete project tasks and deliverables on time.
3 years of ERP Financials experience
1 year of IT consulting experience
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.