Lawson Functional Financial Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
NTT Data Inc
The Functional Consultant understands the features and functionality of Lawson Financials. The Functional Consultant serves as the subject matter expert on Lawson Financials implementation and upgrade projects. The role of the Functional Consultant is to lead and/or support clients through all phases of the project lifecycle: analysis, design, development, and testing, training and post-implementation / post-upgrade support. Individuals in this role report directly to the Project Manager on the client engagement and have experience with configuring, using and supporting Lawson Financials version 9.x or higher). Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Gather client requirements for business rules, configuration, conversions, interfaces, reporting and security
* Perform fit/gap analysis of client requirements to delivered Lawson functionality
* Create testing strategy for user acceptance testing
* Develop reports and adhoc queries
* Provide post-implementation support
* Create deliverables for key project milestones and obtain the appropriate client signoff
* Prepare weekly status reports for the Project Manager
* 5 yrs experience in Accounting, Finance or Financial Reporting
* Accounting Certifications desirable
* Implementation and/or hands on experience with Lawson Financials version 9.x or higher
* Solid understanding of General Ledger functionality and key business processes: application set-up, Online and Spreadsheet Journal Entries, Code Block, Combo Edits, Allocations, Consolidations, Multi-Currency, Report Writer, Transaction Writer
* Solid understanding of Accounts Payable functionality and key business processes: Application Setup, Vendor Setup, Voucher Entry, Matching, Pay Cycle Processing, ACH Payments, Withholding, Sales & Use Tax, 1099 Reporting, Multi-Currency, Message Queue resolution process.
* Experience with Activities, Billing, Lease Management, Grant Management is a plus.
* Proficiency in the development of reports and adhoc Lawson queries
* Excels in a team environment
* Demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills that fall outside one's own immediate skill set
* The ability to multitask & prioritize work in order to complete project tasks and deliverables on time.
5 years of Lawson Financials experience
3 years of IT consulting experience
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.