Lead Account - Fuel Inventory 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sunoco fuel can be found in 27 states, and its brand recognized worldwide as the official racing fuel of NASCAR, INDYCAR, the National Hot Rod Association, the American Motorcyclist Association and more than 50 other racing series. Sunoco's commitment to performance and innovation continues, driving a new period of expansion.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership whose territory ranges from Maine to Hawaii, and we continue to expand. Sunoco LP that operates approximately 1,340 convenience stores (including APlus, Stripes, Aloha Island Mart and Tigermarket brands) and retail fuel sites, and distributes motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states at approximately 6,800 sites.
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) owns SUN's general partner and incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of companies controls approximately 71,000 miles of pipelines, supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco is about committing yourself to things that matter, including great customer service, quality performance, teamwork, integrity, and pride. At Sunoco we have a passion for creativity, new ideas and teamwork and we are looking for the best and brightest talent.
Performs a variety of regular and recurring accounting functions, including but not limited to securing financial operations by monitoring and approving financial processing, reporting, and lead inventory analysts teams.
* Responsible for addressing and resolving basic to advanced issues regarding Inventory Payables/RIN/Exchange escalated to Sunoco by the Service Provider
* Responsible for providing support to operations, general accounting (and related departments), internal & external audit and the tax departments, serve as a back-up for all inventory accounting activities.
* Responsible for efficient communication of changes in Company policy and procedures to the Service Provider.
* Manage Inventory Purchases Mailboxes.
* Troubleshoot, research and resolve invoice variance issues within Right Angle.
* Communicate/Assist with Coordinators and Staff Analysts, then provide summarization to Supervisor with proposed solutions.
* Respond promptly to vendors regarding payment status, while building stronger vendor relationships.
* Assist with the design and implementation of the new inventory system - Right Angle.
* Involvement with Internal Audit and External Auditors on interim and annual audit testing.
* Provide customer service by responding to customer inquiries and concerns.
* Serves customers by maintaining our philosophy of going above and beyond, supported by a value proposition that every situation will be handled in a timely manner. Represents Company interests with the highest standards of professionalism
* Suggests ways to improve financial savings and exceptional performance.
* Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
* Approves general ledger entries by auditing the support for the transactions before posting.
* Assist in building a strong team of analysts and accountants as well as providing continuous education to staff.
* Meets accounting financial standards by providing accounting department annual budget information vs. actual analysis; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
* Involvement in the review/monitoring/approving of month end general ledger account reconciliations. Related to SOX compliance.
* Apply the financial policies and procedures of the organization to the accounting staff and inform management of inconsistencies and problems
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
* BS Degree Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
* 5+ years' experience in accounting
* Ability to effectively communicate with employees and maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems and coming up with solutions
* Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of inventory accounting, ability to multitask across functions
* Strong Excel/Outlook Skills
* Ability to work within a fast paced environment