Lead Accountant & Business Process Specialist 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LEAD ACCOUNTANT
To apply for this position, please visit the link here: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer jobId=38762&company=AbtPROD&username=
Our Finance Department--comprised of over 50 dedicated employees--is committed to facilitating the achievement of the Company's objectives by providing exceptional financial and administrative expertise and service to our clients. Our organization encompasses Accounting, International Accounting, Internal Audit, Compliance, Treasury Services, Financial Analysis, Corporate Services, and Retirement Management.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Lead Accountant and Business Process Specialist to support the Finance Department. The Lead Accountant train and develop junior team members; monitor and approve financial processing, ing, and auditing; work with management to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes and help devise, automate and implement streamlined processes in accordance with industry best practices.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees significant portions of the monthly and year-end close processes:
a. Monitors the timely completion of assigned month and year end closing tasks of more junior team members
b. Ensures subsidiary financial s are received in a timely manner and consolidated into the monthly management in an efficient and effective manner and in accordance with GAAP
c. Reviews and approves journal entries
d. Ensures the proper training of and appropriate feedback to junior team members
e. Reviews the GAAP compliance, accuracy and completeness the monthly financial statements
2. Reviews monthly and year-end financial statements for GAAP compliance, accuracy and completeness
a. Trains team members on financial review procedures as well as navigating and troubleshooting macros
3. Oversees the preparation and review of complex account reconciliations and analyses
a. Ensures that such reconciliations are timely, complete, accurate, compliant with GAAP and professionally presented
b. Ensures that reconciling items are identified, researched and resolved in a timely manner
c. Evaluates the need for additional account analyses
4. Recommends enhancements to general accounting activities in conformity with best practices to ensure the most effective and efficient operations and compliance with laws, regulations and Company policies
5. Ensures the best application of technology to accounting, financial ing and internal control processes to ensure the most efficient and effective processes.
6. Reviews processes and procedures against industry best practices and identifies opportunities for improvement
a. Works with team members to implement opportunities for improvement in a prioritized manner.
7. Assists with building and maintaining the Accounting Department's procedures library.
8. Performs other work-related duties as assigned
9. Analyzes and interprets financial information for other departments as needed
PREFERRED SKILLS / PREREQUISITES
* Have CPA or master's degree in accounting or business preferred.
* 3+ plus years of experience in a large or mid-sized public accounting firm. 6 years of previous accounting experience; Government Contracting industry preferred.
* 2+ years of experience in system implementations and business process design.
* Possess in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and concepts.
* Adept with Oracle or similar enterprise level general ledger software. Possess expertise in Excel and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
* Be proficient at using and learning new technologies to incorporate into operational processes. Possess effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Have experience working within a team and leading/mentoring junior members in career development.
* Bachelor degree with 8 - 10 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; master degree and/or CPA preferred..
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
To apply for this position, please visit the link below. You will be rerouted the the Abt Associates career portal. Please fill out an application there.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This position is available for an immediate start.